I was looking back and realized I haven’t done a Link Love post since Halloween! I guess I’ve been focused on style and DIY posts and haven’t had time to curate and share my favorite things from around the web. I thought you guys might enjoy some light reading going into the weekend, so this series is making a reappearance today.
1. I’ve looked up to Amy at Homey Oh My! for awhile now and her latest wrapping paper DIY is no different. Some miniature disco ball ornaments take this package from thoughtfully wrapped to incredibly awesome in about 8 seconds. I try to pick and stick to one wrapping style each year — something fun and memorable — and this one is a front runner now.
2. After years of watching Home Alone, these facts about the making of it are pretty fascinating – especially that Joe Pesci used method acting and Macauly Culkin was actually afraid of him. I was totally afraid of him as a kid, so I guess he did his job.
3. BBC Music is doing a ton of cool stuff lately. This compilation of musicians singing “God Only Knows” might be my favorite thing yet. You can watch it right here:
4. This more serious piece about why our memory fails us is a slightly longer read than I usually share, but worthwhile nonetheless. Inherently, I think we all know that memory is not about extracting a perfect version of our experiences, but the article explains that it’s more a “whispering of a message from our past to our present.” Like playing a game of telephone.
5. Another of my all-time favorite DIY bloggers, Dream Green DIY, was featured this week on Camille Styles’ blog with 10 tips for decorating during the holidays. While all of the tips are wonderful, I was particularly thrilled to see her supporting non-traditional holiday color palettes, just like I shared earlier this season! Go Carrie!
Cheers to a lovely weekend! Will you be gift-shopping, decorating, or tackling some other holiday tradition? I’d love to hear from you!